Digital marketing: the new normal
(Digital marketing, meme marketing, social media marketing)
Gone are the days when people sent letters to each other. Now, everyone can connect with anyone in seconds, via a call or by a text. There are more mobile phones than there are people in this world. The usage of phones has increased so much that people use their phones even in washrooms. It is very important to keep track of what is happening and strategize the marketing techniques accordingly. With it, the new wave has hit the shore, and it is digital media marketing. There’s probably no brand whose presence is not there on any social media platform. Any brand which uses internet and online based digital technology like laptop, smartphone or any other digital media platforms to promote their product and services and reach their customers is using digital marketing.
One of the social media marketing techniques that a brand uses is Meme Marketing. Almost every day we see so many memes but very few capture our attention that we forward or share with our friends on social sites. Memes began as an inside joke, but it has now become a medium through which firms communicate. With social media continually on the rise, meme marketing has been adopted by hundreds of brands as their marketing strategies. Memes are easy to make, and they can go viral in minutes. What more would a company want than seeing people sharing their posts and talking about them. One of the best examples of all time would be Netflix. This brand does not leave any single opportunity to link its product with the current on-going trend.
There are many reasons why a brand will choose digital marketing over any other marketing. Some of them are-
- Real time engagement- Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience, in the right place at the right time. With the internet, it is possible to keep track of what people desire by keeping a tab on their insights and activities. You can get in touch with them with just a click.
- Cheap cost- When compared to big billboards and traditional methods, social media marketing is a whole lot cheaper. You can create a normal digital base free of cost, and if you want a dynamic and creative one, it is still cheaper than rest.
- High exposure- The digital world is not confined to geographical boundaries, so when you choose digital marketing, you are making your product available to everyone who has access to the internet.
- Viral- Meme marketing, as we talked about earlier, gives a picture of how the content can go viral in seconds. Every brand wants people to talk about them, remember them, and they do so by keeping up with what is trending. They advertise or make a meme that people will share, which increases their traffic in return.
- It’s a two way street- Customers also make the best use of digital marketing by giving feedback or reviews about the products. It also helps them get knowledge about any brand within minutes by fully researching it on social media platforms.
- Remembrance- Science has proven that a person remembers more things when they see something, rather than reading about it. And when there is no space constraint you can add as many visuals you want for your brand. It will be a two shot by one target, first it will grab the attention quickly and second the person will retain it for a long period of time.
The recent covid-19 situation has proved that digital marketing is ever-lasting. Even when traditional ways were unavailable during lockdown, digital ways were still open. People could buy things online without getting in touch with anyone. Also, a brand needs to be updated as the others and understand how you can leverage the latest digital marketing techniques to grow your reach. You can also create your brand reputation by using various social media platforms, by running different campaigns, raising awareness, acknowledging that you are aware about what is happening in the world, and then building your customers’ trust in the process.
The share of people spending more time on electronic devices is only going to increase in the future. Gone will be the days of billboard and traditional marketing, as everyone will be busy looking at their phones or pads. Either they’ll be busy texting/calling, or will be watching something on the internet. Not a single person will look out at the road and even if they do, it won’t be to check out advertisements. Even the driver won’t, as Elon Musk has promised to deliver self-driven cars in the near future, and with people spending so much of their time on the internet, it is logical to advertise your brand on that.